Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Haterz

Dear Readers,


       I've been thinking a lot lately about the people who hate me, my haterz. You know . . . those people who are really insecure, angry, jealous . . . the ones who decide that gossiping about you is the only way they can find that boosts their self esteem?? Well I used to be afraid of those kinds of people. Especially since some of them use to be my best friends . . . or so I thought. In reality, they never really were my friends to begin with, despite how much they seemed to help me. In the end, they did more harm than good. They hurt me more than they helped me. 


       When I realized who my haterz were, I'd avoid them, keep my head down, have my hair in my face, hardly speak, and seem ashamed. But why?? Why did I have to hide like it was my fault when all I did was love them and give them my best?? When I tried to be the best friend that I could be?? Why was I hiding my joy and my light?? Putting a basket over myself?? I did it because I didn't want the light in my life to expose the darkness in their lives. I didn't want the good things I was doing to make them feel bad for not acting the same. I didn't want to outshine them, cause them to feel less, or give them a reason to be jealous.


       But who did that end up helping in the end?? Me?? Them?? Nope, neither really. I stunted my talent growth, caused myself more emotional upheaval, and angered my true friends by acting like I was the one to blame when I did nothing wrong. And them?? They continued to try to bring me down and degrade me from afar. The jealousy, insecurity, and anger remained. So why continue to hide and stop myself from shining??


        What I learned is that I should live my life to the fullest, as best I can. I shouldn't let people hold me back. Especially people who will hate me regardless of what I do. Why let them control my emotions anymore?? It's not helping anyone!! 


        So I decided to go back to my hobbies that I enjoy doing so much. I picked my mic. back up. I started growing my talents again. I stopped being so scared of those haterz. I started focusing more on what I was going to do in my life and how I could better the people around me. It's so freeing and fulfilling. I feel like I'm doing a lot better. Those haterz still hate me, but why do I have to add to that by hurting myself more than they already have hurt me?? I don't. And I won't anymore.


Sincerely and Honestly,
xXxScarlet_JadexXx

No comments:

Post a Comment